FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aman (or what's the sanskrit for noisy nightclub?) Sveti Stefan
Old May 21, 2012, 4:14 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs down Shame on Aman

Originally Posted by fflier_9999
I'm curious, what exactly would you like the hotel to do? Shut down a party it has no control over? Completely sound proof the walls for the one night a year when it's a problem? Mention that you don't want to stay here when you book? Your post is long on complaint and short on remedy. . .
Welcome to FT valexaofstyle. I hope you will become a regular contributor on more pleasant happenings.

Of course Aman has no control over a decadent loud party, BUT they should have advised the guest BEFORE and offered relocation to a nearby place for a night - I am sure there are options and they could have made of a problem some positive experience.

Not doing so Aman failed, which does not surprise me in these parts of "Europe". Personally I think the Aman concept travels not so well outside Asia.

I would firmly ask the GM the full amount charged for that night to be waived letting politely understand him that this could be your last stay at an Aman.

I will certainly not go there, neither to their properties in Greece, but happily return to any of the 17 Asian Amans I have been. I think Aman should concentrate on locations and cultures where the idea has been born. The actual growth will not lead to any good.