FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - wheelchair in the closet
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2012, 3:34 pm
DeafFlyer

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Every airline has a policy and are required to only load one wheel chair on board.

You must be the person who forced me to check mine as I had "booked" it only to find that some "entitled jerk" who beat me to the plane and did not advance book the spot took it!

Follow the rules and you will get no hazzels by the airline staff. Think you are entitled (eg why do those of us with disabilities feel we should not have to pay for parking at airports, meters, etc) and you should be refused!
Come back to the real world please! In the real world, following all the rules, even saying "please", does not prevent you from getting hassled (the proper spelling of hazzels, I think). By the way, don't you think the FA should be hassled if he or she doesn't follow the rules?

By the way, the policy to stow one wheelchair on board isn't talking about the aisle chair, which is covered by a different rule. I'm not sure if you get that or not?

"Entitled"? I don't see how this word applies to this situation at all. There's a law about this. The FA does not have the right to break the law any more than you do.