FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need some help planning a RTW trip with United and Star Alliance
Old May 20, 2012, 11:49 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by JDT1955
I agree with CT that real F is a vanishing breed on many routes. When I took my wife on our RTW honeymoon a few years back, I found there simply wasn't going to be enough F to make it worth the differential in either bucks or miles. I tried for the most part to get 2-class flights (CO BF, Thai ex-Europe, ANZ in South Pacific) so we would be top of the service on that flight. It didn't hurt, though, that a mx delay led to us being put in EK F for one of the legs, and that REALLY defined a new universe of service. Speaking of EK, I think CT may be monitoring FT currently from the comfort of a DXB-JFK wifi-enabled flight, Hope we'll get a mini-trip report from this!

As for RTW vs trip with stops, if you really want >3 stops, then RTW is the way to go, though the *A RTW desk has to be the most inefficient process on the planet!
YEP. I'm monitoring when not sleeping. Just told we have to get ready for landing soon (and I have time to take a quick shower now ON BOARD . Will file trip report if wanted. NY PIZZA - HERE I COME

FYI. There still is an EK/UA RTW fare where you can get all F flights. Just not w mileage