FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hollywood to Bollywood, the long way: UA/Swiss/Thai 77W/Emirates A380 F + Singapore J
Old May 19, 2012, 5:45 pm
amolkold

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A short stopover in Singapore

I passed through immigration, full of "Death to Drug Smugglers" signs. While I don't partake, I found it funny that I was visiting Singapore on April 20. Google it if you don't get it.

The MRT offers day long passes for S$10 (about $8 US), but you have to put down a S$10 deposit on the card and only cash is accepted. Considering that it was an incredibly warm day (about 34ºC), I figured I'd maximize my use of the air-conditioned train system.

I forgot to mention that I watched the Singapore episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “The Layover” a few days beforehand, and found it to be a great guide to visiting the city for just a day. I’ll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Maxwell Road Hawker Centre. I just realized there's a pic of Bourdain on the side.

Chicken rice. That chili sauce is amazing.

Raffles Hotel. "Seen it, done it."

The Merlion.

How 'bout some Instagram action? Facebook values this at $1 billion. How did their IPO go ...?

The Marina Bay Sands.

Nasi Lemak on Arab St. Delish. And for only $1.20 US!

Arab St. Café

View from the top of the Marina Bay Sands -- S$20 / US$16. But couldn't access the cool roof infinity pool.

But then it was time to head back to the airport, again on the MRT.

But what's the fine?

Last edited by amolkold; May 19, 2012 at 11:11 pm