FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - expedia: disadvantages??
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2012, 6:28 am
mot29

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I usually check expedia before buying on DL -- to add the expedia rewards points to my purchase. So long as I've got my SM number in the expedia account, I've never had a problem with buying through expedia. The res shows up in my delta "my trips", the upgrade is requested and from my view there seems to be no difference in the availability of upgrades, and I can log into my delta account and request the elite seats that I want. The downside I think is that you won't have the 24 hour cancel with full refund option. If you want to use an ECV, of course you can't with expedia.
Also worth noting -- when renting a car from National, I can enter my emerald aisle number through expedia and get the same rates that I get direct from National. But expedia has its own "full coverage" insurance -- for a multi-day rental, it is generally about the same as each days "full coverage" from National (and I only purchase full coverage when renting for work because my employer wants us to). Again, the reservation shows up in my National emerald account.
tom