FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Air Frame Delivery Info - 2012
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2012, 12:27 am
N830MH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
Just like to note that speculation around here in DXB is suggesting that EK won't be accepting any deliveries of A380s in the next little while because of the cracks. Plans change daily at EK, so its no surprise, but apparently the last 3-4 aircraft will be accepted by EK to make 25 A380s in total, and no further aircraft will be accepted until a permanent fix is found for the A380. Obviously further speculation points to EK cancelling the remaining A380s in favour of ordering more B777s, but I personally doubt this because of the huge revenue they make when they are flying and the huge marketing in place for the 'flagship' aircraft.

The flightglobal article below outlines some details about the A380 fix. I don't know how Airbus would plan to deliver 30 aircraft if EK doesn't accept 9 of them!

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...n-2014-371961/
I do not think gonna to change anytime soon. They want to kept the A380 ordered. There is no change the aircraft and this should have enough anymore wing inspection. Just step forward to start accepting more A380 deliveries. Just do the right thing to do.