FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Carlson not honoring promises made on Facebook?
Old May 18, 2012, 5:10 pm
Mommy Points
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by Tiki
I can't believe all the whining going on just because a few bloggers jumped the gun before the official promo launched and the official T&C were released. Looks like a few bloggers now have egg on their faces and are scrambling to cover their bases!

This is by far the most generous hotel promo out there, what other hotel chain has been offering such a landslide of points for only ONE booking? Anyone with any sense knows not to jump the gun and make assumptions based on speculations in forums and blogs BEFORE the official promo is launched.
Tiki, it wasn't bloggers who jumped the gun and came up with that information. It was on Club Carlson's official Facebook page. Did many bloggers then link to that information - sure, some did, but if you can't trust a company's official social media presence than I think that is a bigger issue.

I love this promo and agree with you 100% that it is by far the most generous hotel promo out there right now, but there are many travelers, Facebook users, etc. who don't have years of experience with these sorts of promos or didn't participate in this promo last year, and have every reason to trust what is on a company's FB wall.

In my opinion, just because you have a great promo, doesn't mean that you can let other customer service issues slide.