FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines
Old May 17, 2012, 3:27 pm
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
rafi2k6, I forgot to mention the other benefit of the minyan by the LX flight ZRH-TLV. After getting off that UA flight, where everyone looks Aryan and is staring at my kippa and tzitzit, it's nice to see some fellow Jews!

Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Yes I agree about regal / hermo / Shalom.
Last time I was in ZRH was april 30th.
LX087 YUL-ZRH arrives in Zürich at 0625, usually earlier.
If I was on that flight, I'd probably take the train to the main terminal, clear customs just to shower at the Biz Lounge. (Which is better, IMO, than the Senator Lounge.)

Your right about UA and a route to TLV from JFK. I don't see it.
Why doesn't UA offer P.S. from ORD as well? It's long enough I think.
ORD in either direction isn't long enough. JFK-SFO/LAX are not only transcontinental flights, they're the big ones. So p.s. is the diffrentiator. Most American carriers have something special about their transcons in general, and the NYC-LAX/SFO flights in particular. DL has a BusinessElite lite; AA has special things; UA has p.s.

I quite like LX's entertainment system. CO's is good too.
I found UA to have the best interface, CO to have the most movies, and BA to have the best map. But what I liked about LX was that they show you lots of info at the end of the flight that you rarely see otherwise - gate you're going to, and where all the connecting flights depart from. VERY HELPFUL!

Doesn't LY also serve Marseilles? Might be a good mileage run route for those with LY or AF. More competition, lower prices. Etc...
Yes they do