FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines
Old May 17, 2012, 6:44 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Uhhm, Mein teiyereh yiddishe brider, yes LX does have AVOD in Y. And a pretty good one to boot! HD screen, good selection, easy to navigate, etc..
This is my experience with LX. In C, they have AVOD, though it's not touchscreen. The benefit goes to UA on that, because UA has a much larger selection, easier to navigate interface, and better screen.
In Y, you may be right about the AVOD actually. But I do find the interface harder to navigate. Obviously, as with most issues like this, YMMV. Things also depend on what you're used to. I'm used to UA.

KSML out of YUL is either a desent fish meal or something earily similar to the KSML beef dish they serve on LX-254 for lunch in Y.
KSML ex-EWR is Regal. I put them on par with Hermolis, though I think I may get flamed for saying such nareshkeit on this board It's tasty and decent portion. Ex-ZRH, Schalom actually is pretty good, but the portions are smaller than Regal, Hamasbia, and Hermolis.

I like transiting ZRH as well, Daven before the plane leaves
When was the last time you transited ZRH to TLV BTW? It's possible we saw eachother.
Ya, it's great. What time does the YUL-ZRH flight get you in? EWR-ZRH, I land at 8-something and takeoff at 9-something, so the timing is really perfect. Last time I was there was about a month ago.

Oyy, you poor man. why oh why did you waste your hard earned $$ on J for BRU-ZRH. Oh well, at least you enjoyed right
Flight was EWR-BRU-TLV, with a 2 day layover in Belgium. Saw some stuff, met up with HONcircle, and then flew to TLV. So options were BRU-TLV on SN, or BRU-ZRH-TLV. I went with the latter

Originally Posted by NYTA
If UA had a night flight connecting to the early morning PS flights I'd far prefer that to waking up at 2am to make the LH/LX morning flight - my ideal would be a 10:30 or 11pm TLV-JFK that lets me connect to the 6am PS flight to SFO - you sleep all night on the plane and arrive at 9:30am to SFO for a full productive day.
While it may sound nice, I just do not see them starting international service from JFK. I much sooner see them expanding p.s. service to EWR then starting JFK-TLV, especially when they'd be essentially competing with themselves at EWR.
While they won't likely expand p.s. to EWR, transiting EWR is definitely better, as clearing customs is much quicker there than at JFK. (Not much of an issue with me as I have Global Entry.)