FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines
Old May 16, 2012, 10:23 pm
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
What are you talking about? For longhaul Y LX is great. I just flew them YUL-ZRH-BRU in Y. very good.
Yes they are. But UA is also pretty good. Service is pretty much the same. Food is slightly better on UA, at least ex-EWR. UA has AVOD, LX doesn't. UA has power, LX doesn't. UA's seats are wider and LX's seats are harder. So definite points to UA over LX. I happen to like the EWR-ZRH-TLV, UA to LX flight, because it allows me to stretch my legs, walk to the gate and just catch shacharit minyan, after which I can head to the Panorama Lounge for a coffee, and then board. AC and US are similar in Y. LX isn't bad. Not at all. In Y, I go completely based on price as they're all similar. Except LH which I avoid like the plague

and as for not having AVOD o nthe narrow body fleet, eh, no big deal, most of the flights LX sends them on aren't much longer than 3 hours anyways.
That's fine. I wasn't referring to the narrow-body fleet. My problem is more the difference between domestic planes in the USA versus "domestic" (aka intra-European) flights. 2 cabins in the USA, with 38 inch seat pitch, 2-2, more comfort, padding, and recline. In Europe, you get a Y seat, but no middle passenger. Which really can be the same in Y anyways if you get lucky.
In the USA, you have IFE. None in Europe. That's all I was saying. I rarely do narrow-body flights in Europe anyways, and if they are, most would be ex-TLV or to TLV anyways, so I'd likely to LY anyways which is better than the competition (don't worry - only in that regard!)

I hate Euro J. Never EVER do I pay for it.
Did it recently, BRU-ZRH on LX. Service itself was nice - decent meal for a 1 hour flight. Also made sure to get the bulkhead (row 1, A319) for *some* extra legroom