FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Are Upgrades Becoming Easier or Harder on UA?" Thread [2012/13]
Old May 15, 2012, 8:33 pm
jacroweORD

Programs: UAL 1K, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by sim510
jacrowe, I actually did speak to someone who answered the phone mentioning 1K. This was in the last day or two. I asked her when R space might open, since there is plenty of C space on both the 2:30 and 6:30 ORD-FRA flights on my day this week. She said "maybe tomorrow..." But 24 hours later... nothing. And today, nothing. I just wish UA would spell out the 'new' rules, if they are going to withhold ALL R/RN space within, say, the last week prior to travel. I got my upgrade 1 1/2 weeks ago... I saw R/RN1 and made the call. There has been no R/RN space since that day! Still watching because I'd love it if my husband could make use of the GPU I gave him. He is a 1K, thanks to my MM status. It's just so frustrating!!! Come on, UA.... give me a reason to remain loyal.
i had to call yesterday to have an rpu redeposited as the original request was the 7-10 day variety that never occurred (big surprise)...this time I went to milage plus and the woman had it back in my account in 3 minutes...

I asked her about 1k line...she told me it was gone...i actually wanted to have her adjust an existing reservation, but she said she couldn't....would have to be transferred to reservations. That didn't occur on the 1K line...hence 1 call!