FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Trip of Firsts (FCO-LHR-SIN-HKG-BKK-FCO | BA C, QF F, CX C, TG F)
Old May 15, 2012, 2:07 pm
MrDplus

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
A Trip of Firsts (FCO-LHR-SIN-HKG-BKK-FCO | BA C, QF F, CX C, TG F)

Introduction

I recently got into the points game, and ended up with about 80k points on UA and AA, each. I've always wanted to go to Asia, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do it, and to do it in style. Because of different reasons, I decided to hire Ben, a.k.a. Lucky, from Points Pros to help me with the booking, and his first proposal, visiting Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok, was approved with some minor tweaks. This would be a Trip of Firsts, and not necessarily because it would feature different F products, but because I would get to do some things for the first time.

Just to mention some:
  • First time to Asia (And not the last one, because I already have a trip to Japan planned for later this year)
  • First valuable redemption (I had already redeemed miles with MX for domestic flights, but paying for taxes that almost equated the price of the ticket)
  • First time flying QF, CX, and TG
  • First time flying in long-haul premium cabins (I have previously flown on CO's F domestic product and C EWR-MEX)
  • First time flying solo (I usually travel with at least a friend, or to meet someone at the destination, but this was not the case)
  • First time on an A380, or even on a B747
  • First time flying intra-European C (And probably the last one, since I didn't find it worth paying for)
  • First time using my new Canon S100 camera
  • and some other firsts which I don't remember right now.

So, the route ended up being this:

Map FCO - LHR - SIN - HKG - BKK - FCO by desquiliano, on Flickr

And the flights, these:

FCO - LHR - SIN -HKG by desquiliano, on Flickr

HKG - BKK - FCO by desquiliano, on Flickr

I ended up taking about 2k pictures, so this will be a mainly graphical report. And also because I have forgotten some details. But don't worry, I won't publish every single picture. Although, if you want to see them, you are welcome to visit these sets on Flickr.