FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old May 15, 2012, 9:51 am
sent

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
We just finished our stay here. We got an Oceanfront room in building 4 like we wanted. Our room was 4511, the second-to-last room in the hallway. Next door to us in 4512 and upstairs in 4611 were suites which we asked to upgrade into but were occupied during our stay. We definitely enjoyed our view of the ocean, pool, and Black Rock from our Building 4 view more than we would've enjoyed the serene ocean view from Building 6 so this room was a good choice for us. My husband took advantage of the rotating happy hours at the hotel - the timings were something like 10:30 - 12 at Black Rock bar, 3:30 - 5:30 at Mai Tai bar, and 8:30 to 10 at Sheraton Link. We had dinner one night at Teppanyaki Dan where everything is cooked in garlic butter until I asked the chef to stop putting heaps of it on our food. We did the Old Lahaina Luau the following night. We took the hotel shuttle to the luau and back. I hadn't expected there to be a shuttle and since it was so convenient, we didn't end up taking our rental car out at all during our short 2 night stay at this hotel. Our friends who joined us at the luau told us parking was a really tight squeeze there so the shuttle worked out to be the better option for this anyways.

I did go into the ocean near Black Rock here. I was cursing myself for not investing in some swimming shoes as the ground is not all sand here. My husband jumped off Black Rock a few times.

We did use our rental car to visit our friends for brunch before checking into the Sheraton. They were staying at The Four Seasons in Wailea and we ate at their buffet. If the Four Seasons is the swimsuit model, then Sheraton is the frumpy sister. There was really nothing wrong with our stay at Sheraton, but having seen the Four Seasons, my husband just couldn't get that swim up pool bar out of his head. When we return to Maui, we'll likely check out other hotels before staying with SPG again.

Last edited by sent; May 15, 2012 at 10:04 am