FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBSA / CI: denied boarding in error flying to YVR, who pays compensation ?
Old May 14, 2012, 2:04 pm
welltravelled88

Originally Posted by erik123
Send a new letter to CI requesting reimbursement of actual expenses (include copies of bills) as a gesture of goodwill. Include the letter from CBSA. Indicate you very much look forward flying CI again.

This often works. I think you don't have very many options and need to rely on CIs common sense and customer service ethos.
Well, I do have options. One option is to sue them in a court of law (not sure who -- CBSA or CI). Another option is to put this out in the media as it's a very odd incident.

For now, I asked CBSA to at least help by putting me in contact with someone senior in CI who can deal with this. There is an MoU signed between the Canadian Govt and CI on these airport check, so I think it's at that level that they should help me get the right person in CI.

I am surely not putting my time into a letter for the sake of $ 200 for hotel and food. I want at the very least the standard compensation for denied boarding (in Europe that's 800 euro for long-haul flights) plus compensation for actual damages, since my trip to Canada was curtailed from three to two days. Given the absurdity of the situation and the stress caused, I could also sue them for moral damages...