FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?
Old May 14, 2012, 2:14 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
From this thread, I understand that paper GPU are required for upgrades on LH.
1) Does that mean that GPU on LH are only processed at check in? Or call you call into UAMP and request them to process your GPU and upgrade yourself?
2) Is there a way to check for upgrade availability on LH before ticketing?
1. Yes, no calling in possible.
2. No, its standby upgrade at the aiport only.

Originally Posted by megalab
I'm confident about 4), my 5/25 flight ORD-MUC, because right now it's sitting at F:5 A:5 J:9 C:9 D:9 Z:0 P:0 Y:9 B:9 M:9 U:9 H:9 Q:9 V:9 W:9 S:9 T:9 L:9 K:9. However, as I work near ORD I will again try to check in at T-23 at the LH ticket counter to get on the grading list (Does anyone know if calling them would have the same effect?) [...]

As I still have that extra cert I will certainly try, though I'm not sure if they'll be able to get me on the grading list from MAN, where I start my trip that morning, and I'll only have 1.5 hrs in MUC to work it. Any advice? Call the TA at MUC at check-in?

(PS: I'm booked in T on the return; only excluded for intra-Europe flights on the cert, but excluded according to UA GPU web page. Which is correct?)
No calling in possible, at ORD the staff will talk to the back office to make sure if they can add you to the grading lsit.
MAN can put you on the grading list, MUC will work the list about 4h in advance, no open settings on the flight like in FRA, so it will only be confirmed in MUC. The lounge or a service desk will call the FM in his/her office for you to check on the status.

Currently LH excludes T on longhaul:
Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers. On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with: - Adria Airways (JP) E, G, K, L, T, U - Austrian Airlines Group (OS) E, L, K - Croatia Airlines (OU) E, L, T - SWISS (LX) E, L, K - Lufthansa (LH) E, L, K - Air Dolomiti (EN) E, L, K - LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W, O, S** - Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with: - LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W - SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T - Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T - Adria Airways (JP), Air Dolomiti (EN) and Croatia Airlines (OU) L, S, W, U - Lufthansa (LH) E, K, L, P, T, Z (booking class Z for flights from 1 September 2012) - Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, T

Always check this page to see if your booking class is OK:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...002&size=2#431