FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old May 12, 2012, 10:01 am
LAXJFKesq

Programs: AAdvantage, CK, 4 MM; Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by AAFA
I would urge you to stop being so insufferably condescending, stick to your non bankruptcy law, and lose a little bit of the chip. I don't just attend union meetings to get my information. I am fully aware who makes up the cc, and i'm also a front line.
We've managed to disagree on this board for years without the distasteful tone that pervades every post I have read of yours.
As far as the bk proceedings go, just watch the show and I'll be back later on. I'm taking a break from you.
I have tremendous respect for the AA employees. I am a customer of AA with more than 4 Million miles and EXP, each year, for the past decade. My flying preference is with AA where I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars through the years on business and personal travel -- domestic and international. For full disclosure, I do have roughly 250K miles on US due to the fact that I also work out of our DC office and have to take the shuttle when AA Eagle's schedule does not work with my schedule.

While I respect the professional job you and your colleagues do to always give me a tremendous flying experience, I find it disturbing how your union leadership wants to destroy this great airline into the ground with their actions. For 6 years your union leadership has failed to negotitate a new deal with AA. Yet, all we haer from the union/its members is that it is management's fault.

Really? As I previously posted, a review of AMR's 10K shows that the business plan was working until the soaring fuel prices hit in 2008 and continue through today. Yet, the US Airways that you seem to be in love with so much went through chapter 11 twice and lost as much as AA in 2008 due to fuel despite having a much lower cost structure and after a merger. Somehow you failed to note that small fact.

If I was in your shoes I would remove the emotion and not take what the union leadership says to the bank. In today's world there are scores of sources for information. Use it to your advantage to make an informed decision. Otherwise, trust me, highly likely your CBA will be terminated when the 1113 process concludes.