FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread
Old May 11, 2012, 10:00 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
MGallery - Hotel Baltimore Paris

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very. There were a few minor negative points that I'll mention below, but nothing that stopped this being my most pleasant hotel stay so far this year (better than two Sofitels, three Conrads and a dozen Hiltons in Europe and Asia).

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked a "junior suite" and that's what we got. I asked about an upgrade at check in but was told that it wasn't possible because the hotel only has one suite. (That suite was available to be booked throughout our three-night weekend stay, however, so IMO they missed a chance to make us deliriously happy.)

Platinum recognition?
Voucher for a glass of champagne each (or a cocktail). No other welcome gift, letter or mention of Platinum status at check in. On the first night only, two bottles of water in the minibar wore collars marking them as "complimentary".

How are the rooms?
Delightful and extremely comfortable. Spotless and well maintained. Exquisitely comfortable bed.

Our room would never pass as a "junior suite" in Asia or America, as it was basically just a larger-than-usual room with a sofa -- but that made it extremely large for Paris.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
It's quite hard to put my finger on exactly why we enjoyed our time here so much -- it really all comes down to the quality of the room and the furnishings and equipment. We were out every evening, so didn't even visit the bar (or claim our free drinks). We didn't need the concierge or visit the restaurant (which, for reference, is closed on Saturday and Sunday evenings). But whenever we did pass through the lobby or see a member of staff we were greeted warmly but politely and given the feeling that we were in a real hotel rather than just another branch of a corporate entity.

Bad:
No price list for the minibar. Housekeeping missed a few things (one evening one pillow had no pillowcase, another day a waste bin didn't get emptied) and we had to request fresh coffee pods every day. Very few TV channels (the only English language channel was CNN, the only German language channel was SAT1) and most channels had a poor signal.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes and yes (we booked during an earlier "private sale" and paid less than 200 EUR a night).