FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2012, 9:55 am
california09

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
Inconsistency

Figured it was about time I add my $0.08 to this thread

I've been staying here 3-4 nights/week since March (with another couple months to go). I kinda have a love hate relationship with the hotel. The hotel is in a great location (esp. compared to the Joule - which is an objectively better hotel), particularly if you enjoy running. The Katy trail running path starts right next door, along with a number of restaurants that are walking distance. While the Mavs and Stars are no longer playing, it was a fun vibe when they were there.

I also love the people there - they are consistently among the nicest, most friendly folks, whether its 6am or 9pm. In particular, the folks in the lobby are super friendly.

Now for the bad - after 9 weeks, I'm 0/9 on upgrades. This is true for my colleagues as well (like me, all varying levels of Plat). I understand the hotel is busy, but really - you can't ever give me an upgrade? It's not a huge deal as I don't spend that much time in the room anyway, but it would be a nice acknowledgement.

As mentioned earlier, the hotel isn't wearing great. It's not in bad shape, but could definitely use a bit of a spiff up. Not hugely worrysome, but the Joule is much nicer.

The biggest problem, and I've written to the GM about this (with no response, of course), is the complete inconsistency of service. On various weeks, I've had no soap in my room, no munchie box, no menu, no body wash, no water, no bath mat, etc. It's not even just week to week, but often day to day. I request Green Choice every week - sometimes they come to clean anyway (one of the few 'nice' benefits of inconsistency). They do seem to always manage to charge me for water (regardless of whether I drink it), frequently after the fact, causing me to have to call time and time again to remove a series of $6.55 charges. It doesn't matter how many times I tell them, and how many 'notes they make on my profile', I keep getting it.

None of these issues is 'big' enough for me to take my biz over to the Joule (or the Ritz - which trumps both and if they had a better points program would be infinitely more appealing). But it is constantly frustrating to be someone who's already put in 30+ nights at a single property in the past 2 months and to have to deal with this.

BTW - I haven't taken the plat breakfast benefit, so I can't comment. And haven't been to Ghostbar either (its not really happening M-Th) so no ability to talk about that either.

It's not a bad hotel, but it could be so much better.