FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motorcycle/scooter parking at airports -- MASTER LIST
Old May 10, 2012, 11:23 pm
der_saeufer

Thank you so much for doing this! When I worked in Los Alamitos, LAX got all my business because of the free parking even though LGB was much closer.

SEA actually has two motorcycle parking areas; the second one is also accessed by pretending you're a rental car shuttle but instead of turning at the billboard, continue all the way through the shuttle and taxi stop area. The parking area is on the right at the end.

The lettering on the pavement at the second area does say "employee motorcycles" but I've never heard of it being enforced. I worked at SEA a couple years ago--we did provide our plate numbers to the Port but a number of us rode different bikes without incident, and there were no parking decals. That second area is larger and more convenient to airlines farther south.

DTW also has free, officially-sanctioned motorcycle parking in the garage at the McNamara terminal. I'm pretty sure there are signs directing riders to it.

Last edited by der_saeufer; May 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm