FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread
Old May 10, 2012, 4:32 am
tikadaxx

Programs: AA EXP, CE G, HYATT G, HH D, MR P, Accor P
Originally Posted by chentaiman
What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
NO

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Seaview and got exactly that. No upgrade as they claim rooms are tight. However, they are selling all sorts of room online.

- How are the rooms?
This hotel is about 1.5yrs old but the rooms are already run down. Walls are moldy and ants all around.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
cheap rate.

Bad:
No Le Club Platinum recognition whatsoever
Check-In welcome procedure sloppy. No welcome drink, no welcome gift. No RECOGNITION PERIOD.
Asked for late checkout, but again turned down.
Willing to pay for half day, but the check in staff actually told me to do it online. I am not sure if he was just brushing me off or what. How on earth will one be able to book half a day online?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Plenty of nice hotels here. Will not come back and will tell all my friends to avoid this ...... place.
I would say Sanya Yalongbay Pullman is much better. Paid 150 usd and offered a pool villa! Not to mention welcome drinks and stuffs. One rare feature: They don't charge anything for the recreational facilities, you can play the snooker/pool ball or rent beach toys for free. One more thing, they offer half-price cocktails at the beach bar during happy hour, which is like 3usd ea. Real deal.

The only down side is that you have to take a golf cart to the beach as this is not a beachfront resort. But the 5minutes worth it. You can't even get a seaview room from the sheraton next door for 150usd.