FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Amex know that Aloft is a SPG hotel?
Old May 9, 2012, 7:39 pm
Seattlenerd

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Moriens
This is common with new properties that are “coded wrong.”

A secure message to AmEx through their website usually fixes it that time for you, and within a month or two for all guests at the property.
I have just tried, as you originally suggested, a secure message.

Because the verbal promise I received by phone from the Amex customer service rep to credit the bonus points for the Aloft Harlem ten days ago ... has apparently been overturned by a supervisor.

I received a letter today, with this paragraph, signed by an "H. Figueroa, Customer Service Supervisor:"
"After careful review, we have determined that ALOFT HARLEM does not qualify for additional bonus points. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

One has to wonder what kind of careful review, exactly. Visiting the Aloft Harlem website? The one that says it's a Starwood property and participates in the SPG program?

I included a link to that very website in my secure message to Amex. And dropped a note to my Starwood Ambassador, to see if he can notify someone at SPG this is a problem.

This is starting to make me cranky, if for no other reason than the time I've had to spend on it.