FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can the TB revisit the Commercial links in Signatures issue?
Old May 9, 2012, 5:25 pm
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by kipper
Shouldn't we try to help the community, not allow a few to reap all of the benefits?
Please provide proof to show that is actually happening. I've asked over and over and over again for it, and so far you've been unable to provide. I've pointed out that I had (that I know of) one response to my signature when I asked for support for a charity. The ball is in your court to provide any evidence which would suggest that this is a an actual problem, rather than you just not liking the situation.

Also, please feel free to provide your evidence to contradict my experience on the Sig committee which would suggest you are right and I am incorrect about the level of work which monitoring signatures entails, and how your request would apparently not increase the work load of those mods for no discernible benefit. I am left wondering, if this is such a rampant problem as some have suggested, why it would also be such a small problem that the workload would be minimal Are some of you overstating the problem to encourage a rule change, or are you understating the problem to try and counter the problem about the mod workload for no real benefit? It certainly appears like you are making arguments which appear to be contradictory.

Until you can answer those two points, I doubt this debate is ever going to get beyond you saying 'I think this should happen' or 'I don't like this happening', and neither of those are good reasons to change the rules of FT.