FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 Week in JNB, What to see/do? Safari?
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 2:07 pm
jason8612
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
1 Week in JNB, What to see/do? Safari?

I will be in JNB July 10th early AM till July 176h night. I don't know where to start planning this trip, but maybe if I give some info someone can recommend some stuff.

-There will be 2 of us. Both of us never were in Africa (minus Egypt). Both of us are somewhat fit and don't mind walking.
-We want to do a Safari. This is a must. I need to see some animals.
-Being FTers, I need to pay little and get a lot I was looking for the hotels to use points or cash+points (I got on hold the IC JNB Santon for the 14-16th, but not sure what can be seen in that area. I can always cancel without any fees). I do Priority Club mostly and there are a few PC properties in JNB and CPT. Can also do starwood.
-I heard CPT is very nice and wouldn't mind checking out the vineyards and the area. I do love wine.
-I am willing to fly around SA. I got plenty of miles with BA and UA if the airline tickets get too expensive, but can always buy some tickets if need be.
-I do realize it is winter at that time, which can be good or bad when it comes to the safaris and stuff.
-I love photography and plan to rent a Canon zoom lens somewhere. If there is a place that can rent it for me while I am down there, then great!
-I also scuba dive, but I think that shark cage diving would be a bit much. I could though do that shark boat tour.

Thanks in advance