FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT iPhone app
Thread: FT iPhone app
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 1:18 pm
IBobi
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
Hi there and thanks for the quick response ^. Yup both of the ones you noted and while I have you . Any thoughts on my comments a few posts up and speaking of pet peeves , I've searched but can't seem to find an answer to this- is there a way to have the little translucent black formatting bar not show up in the post or reply box and be an option to bring up when you want to format?
The formatting bar is a standard editing feature, so it's not user-selectable.

Originally Posted by goalie
A couple of comments and requests and/or suggestions

I do like the chevron for the sub-forums but in the next iteration of the app, is there any chance it can be moved to the left/closer to "Subfourms (xx)" as maybe it's me and my fat fingers but more often than not, I end up hitting the reply button when trying to expand the chevron

Could the subscribe feature at the bottom of the screen moved as again, with my fat fingers and flipping fast to the bottom of the page, I am hitting the button

I do like the go to first unread feature but it doesn't work properly as there is no sync to what I read on-line to what I read on the app as when I use the feature on the app, it takes me anywhere from the first page to the second to last page and never the last unread post I viewed. Also, on a one page thread on the app, if I hit the last unread option, the page does not go to any post at all but rather the "little wheel" just keeps spinning around

Is there anyway to mark forums read as there is with the on-line/browser version?

Also, I have noticed that the app crashes much more than any previous version and usually after I make a post or hit the log out button

Thanks
We're working on stability issues.

As to the button placements, there is so little real-estate to work with on the iPhone screen I'm not sure what can be done that also *looks* good.

On the synch question: the "last read" function is cookie-based, not database-cached, so it will only track what you do on your phone OR computer, but it won't synch them both "per account".

To mark forums read, you must click on them, then the blue dot disappears indicating they are read.