FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No "low" seats on a plane at all?
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 10:37 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the previous discussion about this issue, KVS was displaying separate availability bucket codes for GM versus PM and had been for quite some time. I then asked about the DM bucket and he was skeptical about whether PM and DM were truly different. This might be burried in th huge KVS thread in this forum.
Originally Posted by dcline414
I believe that a rep on the DL GM line told me that there is enhanced award availability for GM+ but that there was no difference between GM and DM in terms of availability (i.e. only one 'enhanced' availability tier). It is possible that she meant that DMs would have no better availability on the flights I was booking than I did as GM, but the way she said it implied that there would never be any difference between GM and DM.

I may have understood incorrectly, or the agent may have been misinformed, but I think this might be a useful data point in discussing enhanced medallion award availability.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The differences in availability that you're seeing could be a matter of not being logged in (are you?) or differences in enhanced availability between PM and DM, which IIRC was reported here a while ago although our KVS rep has questioned whether there is a difference.
Separate Elite Award Booking Classes definitely exist (and are recognized by the KVS Tool) for SM, GM and PM tiers: http://Help.KVSTool.com/#DL

However, we have seen no evidence of a DM Booking Class.