FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues
Old May 8, 2012, 8:45 pm
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kittiyut
Hmmm, maybe what I experienced was an exception?? I just returned home from HKT to HKG via BKK on the 3rd. My sticker did fall off (and I lost it), I didn't have to go through baggage screening, just a guy looking at my passport and boarding pass (and he was rude about me losing my sticker). Maybe that was the immigration "again" part? BTW, I was bused in to the terminal - maybe the procedure is different if you got a gate?
There are three possibilities when arriving into BKK on a domestic flight and transferring to an international flight.

1) Get a domestic gate: Walk toward B1 and you will see the transfer area. Go through security to gain access to the escalator to the 3rd floor.

2) Get an international gate: While purely domestic pax will be shunted down the stairs to a waiting bus you will be directed into the terminal. This will put you on the 2nd level where you still need to go through transfer security either at the ABCD or DEFG confluence.

3) Get a bus which drops you near D3: Upon reaching the top of the escalator (2nd floor) you will be directed to double back upon yourself where there is a door leading to the international arrival area. Here again you will need to go through transfer security at either ABCD or DEFG conluences.

I'm not sure what happened with you but I've never gained access to floor 3 without passing through security.