FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are bloggers ruining Flyertalk????
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 7:23 pm
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by HansGolden
I like that idea! Please start a thread like that. People could supply links to posts that inappropriately share killable deals and you can keep the OP updated with post titles and URLs organized by blog. Make sure and list the blogs that don't have any objectionable posts as well, in order to highlight that.

As I noted above, I'm not anti-blogger per-se, just anti-certain-kind of blogger. To my discrete blogger friends, I believe this will separate you from the chaff when this is properly quantified and organized. As it is, we tend to lump bloggers together into one group, while in reality they are vastly different in skills and discretion.
I love the idea in principle but the problem is that giving exact links would drive more traffic to the offenders and boost their Google rankings.

I would like to see Internet Brands ban links to blogs that have a proven track record of copying info off FT in people's siggys. I have seen at least one such case within this thread. Why should FT and Internet Brands help them get higher Google rankings and boost their personal income?