FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are bloggers ruining Flyertalk????
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 7:09 pm
brasov02

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by tatterdema
If the people who listen or read about it are lazy, they will give up quickly. If they are knowledgeable and persistent, they will find deals, to post here, that may help all of us long before the bloggers find it.

In the mean time, there will always be deals to be had.
Good points. Even when spoon fed some people still won't catch on. I should know, since I've tried to spoon feed several of my friends trying to get them in on this amazingly fun and lucrative pastime. But some, I daresay quite a lot, of people just do not and will not get it. It's like I'm speaking a foreign language to them when they just nod and say "that's nice" and then proceed to continue to pay full fare for the few flights and hotels they can afford. Very frustrating. I think I've only truly converted one person. I've pretty much stopped trying. It's really strange that to most of us this "hobby" is about as difficult as falling off a log and yet to most others (in my experience) it just doesn't compute. For some reason they just have it ingrained in their minds that miles and points and credit cards are just way too much work for the return. So be it. More for the rest of us.
So anyway, I don't know if these blogs spoon feeding things will really change the game all that much. Some of those spoon feeding blogs will help those that would be willing to put forth the work eventually anyway and yet their blogs will still fly over the heads of those that will just never get regardless of how remedial they are.
Either way, not much anyone can do about it so we'll just have to deal with it.