FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are bloggers ruining Flyertalk????
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 7:02 pm
jpetekYXMD80

This is an interesting debate.

Ultimately, I will come to rest on the side that benefits those who make the effort to keep up on this stuff, read through the lines, and actually work for it. At the same time, while I like the challenge and work, there are economic incentives for a blogger to come along and tear down the barriers to entry and make it mainstream when theres something valuable. I don't like it, but I can accept it in a similar vein that many of us see an opportunity to exploit. Some things are unfortunate but inevitable, byproducts of size and success of this site.

I also don't like to broad brush here, and go on a case by case basis. Some bloggers have really perfected their craft with innovative, unique content and have become real authorities on all things mileage programs and are good resources for matters outside the hot deal of the day. Some-simply- have not. I think there are far too many shamelessly piggybacking off the rest of us here at FT and aren't offering much else.

I'll give props to good business, good ideas, creativity.... I won't give props to the simple minded idea piracy.