FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are bloggers ruining Flyertalk????
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 6:56 pm
Mommy Points
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by brasov02
Love it. Couldn't agree more. Kids would have far more fun spending the night in a tree house in the back yard and spending the day at a nearby lake or beach or at the local amusement park than they would spending hours on a boring flight and a night in some ritzy Marriott or Hilton in San Fran or Paris or Rome and exploring the Louvre or Coliseum. Never could understand why parents bother bringing little kids to such places when they are too young to really enjoy and appreciate the experience. I guess some have more money and/or miles than they know what to do with. Yup, in most cases it's more about what they parents appreciate than it is with the kids.
Trips don't have to be to Paris, Rome, etc. They can be to visit grandma. They can be to Disney. They can be to see the Redwoods. The can be to put your feet in the ocean. In fact, due to my kid's age, that is the sort of trip we make and she loves it. If someone is able to visit family three times a year instead of one as a result of miles and points then that is a victory in my book. However, when my daughter is older (though still a "child") those other places will have more meaning, and will be our destinations. I blog for families, because that is where I am in life right now. The deals I talk about are more or less the same as on other sites, but where I am coming from and where I can relate best are family trips. In fact, that is one thing I love about the variety of blogs available. If you choose, you can find one that matches your traveling patterns and preferences. Or of course, you can stick with forums.

One thing that we all seem to have in common here is that miles and points are very important to use for our own reasons. Of course those reasons differ from person to person, but we all want to see deals survive whenever possible. We also all presumably enjoy working together with a collective community be it on blogs, forums, or small private groups. I believe that we are all smarter and more informed as a result of those communities, and look forward to continue helping (and receiving help) from anyone who is interested.