FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 2:36 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Robt760
I just returned from my first trip to Buenos Aires.

A majority of the time I was with friends who couldn't get enough of Cabana Las Lilas and Sotto Voce. I made several attempts and finally was able to try El Desnivel (difficult to know their operating hours), as that was given recommendations for a not so high end restaurant with good food. I went to a random parilla stand (one of many) lined along the Parque Mujeres area. I wanted to try the Choripán that people seem to rave about. Also found a supermarket (Jumbo) to buy some items to take home and a wine vendor (Tiempo de Vinos) for some decent Malbec to take back with me. I wanted to do some other things like take a cooking class and try some other places, but the Labor day/Sandwich Day (not food related) interfered with my plans.

The goal was to stick to eating foods I couldn't get at home. Only failed once when I got a hamburger at the hotel.

Anyway, I'm hoping to write up a report, or at least post some links and more detail on this page about the foods and such that I experienced on my trip.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and info posted on this thread.
Thanks for the quick report and looking forward to your extended version when you have a chance.... glad to hear you had a good time !!! ^