FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with crediting AY flights to AAdvantage
Old May 8, 2012, 2:19 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Problems with crediting AY flights to AAdvantage

As we have a thread here for discussing the crediting of AY (and BE) flights to BAEC, I thought it might be a good idea to open a similar thread about AA, one of the two programmes where many AY+-members seem to migrate in search of better yields.

And to begin with, I'd like to announce not a problem but an improvement. In the past, when I have upgraded AY-flights with AY points, but then credited the flight itself to AA, I have always had to do this manually because even if the AA number is in the reservation and on the BP, the AA system probably only sees the new booking code, which is not miles-eligible. The flight used to show up in the AA statement as 0 miles and a retroclaim required first sending the electronic form, which came back rejected, and a call after that.

This has changed for the better. I flew AY on 1st May, upgraded with AY points, and 7th May the miles were credited to my AA account according to the original booking class in Y.

Also the BE-operated, AY3000-series flights credit normally to AAdvantage (as AY-flights). They have even changed the sidenote to "Note: Flights marketed by Finnair and operated by FlyBe Nordic are eligible for mileage accrual."

What is the situation with BE-operated flights with AY8000-series flight numbers? According to AA.com, they should also be eligible for miles. Is this really the case?