FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 1:08 pm
Robt760

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by KurtD
I've lived down here for 4.5 years, and visited 8-10 times before living here and don't remember ever seeing croquetas on any menu. I thought they were only a big deal in Belgium and France. According to wikipedia sometimes people refer to the crispy fried meatballs some folks make at as croquetas but I don't think that's what you're referring to.

As for the rest of your list, I don't do street food so can offer no advice. La Querencia (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...5&z=18&vpsrc=6) has awesome empenadas and some other great dishes from northern Argentina like locro, bife al caballo, and sometimes even sopa paraguaya. There are tons of good places to get gelato, just try any of the ice cream shops you're bound to pass by as you wander the city. I have no ideas about cooking schools, but if you spend a few days up here in the north my brother-in-law and I can teach you all about cooking on an argentinian parilla and preparing meat a la estaca too. As a bonus, you'd get my wife's awesome homemade empenadas and her Uncle Carlos' recipe for chimichurri
Thanks for the reply....Sorry for not sending my reply until now. I ran short of time once in Argentina, and due to the Labor Day holiday, it took a 3 day bite out of my plans and threw me for a curve. I'm sending a PM.