FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA and the War on Drugs
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 8:53 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by castrobenes
The machines are the same machines used by the prison system to detect for drugs. If the drug settings were turned on, then there should be more arrests.

So your theory is that TSA leadership has engaged in a secret plot to turn on the ETD drug settings to generate good publicity about drug arrests. This also doesn't make sense. A better plot would have been to coverup the arrests of TSA employees, especially since so many of the arrests involve TSA employees turning in other TSA employees.

I also am critical of any TSA trumpeting of drug or contraband arrests. I think the entire TSA blog is a bad idea.

However most of the arrest stories are generated by reporters copying police reports. TSA doesn't arrest these people to begin with.

How is this related to the conspiracy theory that TSA somehow has turned on ETD drug settings to generate good publicity?

For the record, I have no problem with submitting to a search of my person or property as a condition of TSA employment. Screen me as often as you want, screen my employees.

I think everyone should be screened each time they enter the sterile area (except for LEOs).

castro
All the way up to your resistance?