FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion..Give stay/night credit for every room paid for
Old May 7, 2012, 4:00 pm
myperks

Originally Posted by jimi727
I agree that both rooms should get credit. A similar situation occurred with me when I ws doing my Marriot gold challenge. My wife was going on a business trip and asked to apply my member number to the stay. They originally said no, but she said that was the only reason she was staying there and would go somewhere else and they relented. Actually they also upgraded her to a suite !!

If I stay at a Hyatt and bring family and need two rooms, I should get credit for any rooms I pay for , because I am the reason they are there
both rooms do get credit..... point-wise.

imho, loyalty programs are for individual travelers... the proposal is like asking frequent flyer programs to let "purchasers" accrue miles (rdm and eqm) for other passengers' tickets (i understand some airlines have the family accrual thing going on, but none on US-based airlines). heck, if that was the case, i'd be super-uber elite on some airlines.

i think the logic is correct. you get 1 night credit for each night you stay. just so happens you have 2 rooms in the same night should yield you the same night credit. way around this is to have the 2nd room under another name.