FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 3:22 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Pardon what is surely repetitive but it's difficult to sift through and make sure you're exactly right.

JFK-ZRH-DXB, all in C. 2 hour layover.

It seems I'd be both arriving and departing from E, but shower options (Business or Arrivals) are both in main terminal, correct? Is either one easier for transit? Where exactly are they each located?

Thanks!
No worries about asking. You're right, both arriving and departing in E. 2 hours are just about right for what you like to do.

If you're allowed to get into Schengen/Switzerland, and arriving in the morning, just follow the signs reading Exit, in the baggage hall you'll be passing through (Heidi Train, passport control, then baggage hall) follow the signs that read "Swiss Arrival Lounge". It's now located outside the "Secure Area", so you'll have to re-enter airside (and have security and passport check again) but definitely worth over spending 2 hours in the E gate lounge. I would just leave after you've eaten and taken your shower, if you still have some time back in E, you can visit the lounge there and do some plane spotting. While everything else there is worse than the LX C Lounge, it's at least offering a nice view and you can just leave once your flight is boarding.

If you arrive in the afternoon/evening, you unfortunately have to enter Switzerland as well, as the D Business gate lounge don't have showers. So you'll take Heidi train, then passport control, then follow transit to A gates sign, use the lounge, and head back to E gates afterwards. There are rarely any queue at the passport control before the Heidi ride back, but I wouldn't cut it too close either, besides the shower, not so much of a difference between the normal LX C lounge and the E gate contract lounge.