FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EDI-LHR to see the British Airways Engineering Base incl the 787 Dreamliner Tour!!
Old May 7, 2012, 12:41 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by matthandy
Absolutely fantastic TR, so jealous! You guys were very lucky to get a tour like that. The photographs were excellent too and I loved the way that they opened up the engine cowlings so that you could see inside.

If only they had taken you on a flight, that would have really topped things off!
Yes the engine cowling being open was a surprise. A flight on this baby is on my bucket list

Originally Posted by Moomba
+1

I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones, but not this time it seems. Thanks for posting this report PETER01
Yes, I was very lucky. Thanks for reading ^

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Not really my cup of tea unless I lived close to LHR.....but a very nice gesture from BA for offering Flyertalkers the chance of taking the tour. Very good reporting of the event PETER01. ^
I am sure if you were here you would have went It was an excellent gesture and hard to be topped!

Originally Posted by BotB
Great TR PETER01 ^

The style of your report and enthusiasm come across in the text as well as in person! Glad I got the chance to meet you at the DO the night before. ^

Hope to see many more trip reports in the future!
I hope there willl be many more TR's and curently planning my next one

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Good read - thanks for posting. One Q for the OP though - you say that Boeing is recommending a 2-4-2 configuration in economy, but that looked like 3-3-3 in your photos. Am I missing something?
Thats what I was reading in this months Business Traveller which I read after I came back from the event (Page 14, May edition). I think 3-3-3 will be the norm but a search brought up this. A very spacious ANA Y cabin. I am sure there was also an article in Airline magazine too but that was quite a while back.

Thanks for all the comments folks, appreciated ^^