FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Petra + Wadi Rum please!
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2012, 12:36 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've spent one hour of my life on a camel. It was in Giza, so I now have all of the required photographs of me on said camel. My camel-riding days are likely through. A donkey inside Petra...I'm okay with that...

I'm interested in how your plans turn out. I'm going to be in Petra/Wadi Rum about two months after you and want to do some of these same things, still haven't planned specific activities, but need to optimize our experience within about 48 hours in the area. Jordan is a stopover for us on the way to Nepal. (With British Airways now charging by the segment, if they're going to route me through AMM then I'm staying for a couple days!!)

Currently booked at the Marriott a couple miles away from the entrance but seriously considering a switch to the Movenpick near the gate. Looks like a nice hotel even though I won't hold any status with them. (Their elite program apparently requires you to buy in.)