FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]
Old May 4, 2012, 8:11 pm
DeutschAmerican

LH Stingy on *A award seats to Dubai - Question

I take an annual trip to Dubai, cashing in miles earned on United for FC travel on LH.

This year I've had more difficulty than ever booking FC on FRA-DXB. I expected some of that because of the reduction of capacity resulting from the new FC service, BUT I've also found they opened ZERO FC seats on this route on weekends (Fri - Sun), forcing me to travel on a Thursday.

I called LH and found that on each of the flights for the following three days, the number of seats currently occupied are...you guessed it...0, 0, and 0. Totally empty. Remember, this is Dubai in the SUMMER, when the hotels there are deserted, and it's the lowest of the low season.

My question for the group:

I imagine they will open seats on the weekend following the Thursday I'm currently scheduled to travel, since they'll never sell 8 FC revenue seats that time of year. Of course LH will never say how far in advance they will open up for *A award redemption, so my question is, in your experience, is there a good rule of thumb? A day? A week? Two?

Thanks!