FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why BIS needed for mileage runs?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012, 7:27 pm
TheBOSman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by siricepick
Hey all,

I've noticed a considerable difference in how New FTers are treated, and I commend your willingness to help him and not crucify him for posting in the wrong forum.

Have a great weekend all!
Yes, we are going soft (just kidding) normally very nice people. This is really a great community overall truth be told.

Also, to be honest, the search function isn't very good. I've been trying to search for a particular question in another forum for a while, and I still haven't found it, so I will likely have to post it outright. I understand why some people would post, the search function is really frustrating and you really need to know how to use it to really get what you want.

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Yup. That's exactly it. Most people who can afford to pay for the MR can't afford to put in the time and effort to do it. No pain no gain.

Now that you know the secret, fly some MRs.
Yes. It's good if you know you can redeem for high value and the opportunity cost means nothing. I was happy to have my complimentary non-alcoholic beverage when I was MRing in Y, now that I mostly MR in F, I can add the value of a (albeit not incredibly good airline food, but definitely eatable) meal and an alcoholic beverage or two for each flight value. Beats doing nothing on the weekends certainly!