FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t
Old May 4, 2012, 8:14 am
benzemalyonnais

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Can ticket be issued without validation? It's not like someone is sitting with a paper stock and issuing tickets. The system will not price a ticket unless its properly validated. If Vayama issued tickets without proper validation, it should eat that mistake.
I guess what you're saying makes sense, but I think that the issue is that the system processes things first, and then maybe is glanced at before being confirmed. I don't know if anyone actually looks at the booking before it is ticketed.

When people are arguing that their reservation is ticketed and that they should get it due to the contract, in theory they are right. Not sure if they are going to win the argument, but the potential consequence might be a revamping of the entire booking system. This could mean anything from an actual person looking it over to check for a potential error, or several people looking it over. This will mean no more FDing and probably a lot less mistake fares or none at all. Further, it would mean a lot longer wait to get a flight ticketed via a website. It seems the issue is that the whole process has become too automated and people are frustrated because of it.