FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old May 3, 2012, 3:18 pm
cougartoo

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I loved TSA precheck, but my last three flights I was "randomly" selected to not use the lane. I not so sure it's random. I emailed TSA to see if something might have happened. It sucks at SLC when you're not selected because the elite line takes longer than the regular line the way TSA has it set up now, and they funnel you in with the masses who are slow getting through the lines. I want my precheck back!!!
I agree, something is not quite right. I was 2/2 right after precheck started at SLC...now 0/7 (or so) since then. I'm DM, fly a lot from SLC to/from the same locations, got the "invite" from Delta, but no TT. Perhaps the simple explanation is that the secure traveler info did not accurately make it from my profile to some of my itineraries, or that something got tweaked between travel agency -> Delta -> TSA -> etc So many places for screw-ups. Yet, we get absolutely no information? As someone mentioned, they could at least put a visible flag on the pass -- we still get "randomly" selected.

As you mention, at SLC, if you don't get precheck you're shuffled back in with the regular lines, which completely sucks. and