FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included
Old May 2, 2012, 7:17 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by artemis021
I swear I don't know what's gotten into FTers recently. Everyone who booked this knew it was a mistake: those business class tickets don't go for $400. And everyone who bought the headphones for the AA miles knew that was a mistake. And yet somehow there's this immense sense of entitlement and discussions of lawsuits. IIRC, there's even an actual lawsuit regarding the AA miles/headphone issue.

I understand exploiting mistakes like this. But going to court when it doesn't pan out? Major overkill. Not to mention the airlines will redouble their efforts to prevent fare mistakes if there's a litigation threat.

As someone who supports class actions and access to courts in general, it's starting to make me reconsider my positions on those issues.
I think it's the double standard. Passenger makes mistake booking non-refundable ticket? Airlines: ____ you, pay me. Now, the airlines want carte blanche to cancel tickets when they make a mistake. That (I believe) is what drives people to litigation.