FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]
Old May 2, 2012, 6:46 pm
elizadoo

Originally Posted by hqly2001
So after the first offer UA when you sign up for DL or Apple, do you choose the open new account option or fund existing account?
Originally Posted by Ducati
Previously, people have said "fund existing." I don't think it matters. Fidelity is going to put both accts under the same username, at least in my case. I chose new brokerage acct for the UA offer, and it linked it with an old retirement acct I had forgotten about from an old job. lol.
Originally Posted by hqly2001
And you still got all your miles right?
Guys, I have done both options over the past 2 weeks, and now Fido isn't giving credit for the second attempt/account. Read the past few pages of posts.

It just isn't happening anymore, Fido's IT guys have rewritten the program (as of April 12th) and it's catching those 2nd tries. I think it's based on SSN#.

If you are an existing Fido customer who hasn't taken advantage of any offers in the past 12 months, then you are eligible for the "fund existing account" option. Otherwise, the limit of one account per person per "year" is being enforced.

Nobody on this forum has yet found a deviation.