FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Excelsior Rome, Italy, 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old May 2, 2012, 7:29 am
jammanxc

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'll be heading to the Westin in a few days. Does anyone have any recent transportation information from FCO to the hotel? All the links provided in the first few pages of this thread no longer work.

I will be travelling alone, arrive 08:30, so would prefer something cheaper than a cab. I will have carry on only.

TIA
I will provide a detailed review in my next post. I just checked out of the Westin Excelsior Rome.

To get from FCO to the Westin Excelsior (cheapest method)

Go to the arrivals hall and follow the bus signs:

Buy a 4euro one way ticket to Rome Termini station from Terravision bus company (journey is 45 min w/ traffic)

You will get dropped off at Rome Termini station, so go inside the station and follow the signs for the Metro A.

Buy a 1euro Metro ticket (the one that has a one hour time limit) or 4 euro(all day metro pass) at the ticket machine.

Take Metro A (towards Batitstini) and get off at station: Spagna (two stops from Termini)

This is the most important step when exiting Spagna station.. FOLLOW THE SIGNS that say "VIA VENETO". There are multiple exits at Spagna, so make sure to follow the signs that head towards "Via Veneto" This journey to exit will take 10-15minutes because the metro is DEEPLY underground and there might be a luggage factor since some parts have no escalators.

You will see the Marriott hotel when you exit the Via Veneto exit and you need to cross the street towards the Marriott hotel and make a right. The Westin Excelsior Rome is a 2 minute walk