FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 1, 2012, 7:47 pm
craz
Suspended

Thanks guys, Ky is a very nice city. It was overcast all day yesterday and a steady rain so far today, hope it stops so that I can get out and walk.As I have a 2pm train to KIX tomorrow, if not I will be back

Like alot more then Tokyo, its very quaint in a way and great for simply people watching by the dept store Daimaru.Anyway walked apx 8 hrs yesterday no buses, took the shuttle to the Station then over to Higiashi then to Nishi then Nishiki mkt then Pontocho, Yasaka and Gion and somehow managed to actually get my body back to the Westin by 6:30pm. Hoped to hit Pontocho and Shambisi again at night but I couldnt move!

Hope to hit those places tonight if the rain stops

the best was simply walking down any small st that looked inviting got many a stare from the locals like what are doing around here. Any time I wiped out the map to check where I was in no time someone came over to help out.

Was hoping to spend the day in some of the gardens but literally will have to take a raincheck on that

I will as later what kind of room I have, Jr suite or reg suite. It doesnt really matter as its just what the doc ordered and very happy with it