FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old May 1, 2012, 2:05 pm
crystak

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Don't know about parking because I took a cab from the airport but I just wanted to say that this is a solid hotel in my book. I don't agree with the others who have criticised it so much.

I stayed here for one night a few days ago. I checked in late, around 11pm and it must have been the quickest check-in ever for which I'm very grateful since I was very tired.. They only asked for my surname, credit card, handed me the keys and 2 bottles of water since the RC was closed at that time, all done in about 30 seconds.

The room was not small, very comfortable bed (great pillows!), iron + ironing board in the wardrobe. They do still have portico white ginger products but I've gotten used to them now and quite like them!

Breakfast in the loung was reasonable - boiled eggs, good collection of french pastries, fresh fruit salad, cereals, etc.. very similar to other small RC clubs e.g. ORD.

Internet was fast, but then I always think that when travelling to North America since I'm used to the ridiculous speeds we get in the UK. e.g. speed on VIA trains is about the same as we get in the hospital

I had to check out at 9am because I had a meeting which would last until 6pm but all staff was friendly and helpful, especially the porter who then showed me the way to the train station.

I think I've noticed the problem with the cable TV as well. I only turned it on for 10 minutes or so but it kept breaking up.

Overall, I was very satisfied but I guess my stay was not very demanding. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in town!

Last edited by crystak; May 1, 2012 at 2:11 pm