FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 1, 2012, 1:26 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
My take from years of visiting this hotel is anything that has a door would be a suite. A junior suite would be a larger room but in the past we have received junior suites as stated by hotel that are more like a traditional suite with a door. These are usually in the older "renovated" area of the hotel without much of a higher view.

I think your timing is pretty good as can not think of any major Japanese holidays during the period. It is a weekend so that ALWAYS comes into play as a negative. Even with our multiple multiple stays I do not hold out hope anymore for exec suite. You should contact the hotel letting them know you are putting in for suite upgrade and also kindly asking for additional consideration if possible. We very much enjoyed our last upgrade and it was not a full suite. Enjoy Kyoto!
checked in on Mon, orginally had a 3 night 10k per night res (rate was apx $350) last week rate vdropped to 11000Yen and I switced my res to apaid one. Either way it was for a Smoking queen room. Was delayed getting into KIX by 2 hrs walked into the hotel @ 8pm I asked what type of bed I was given (knew only Deluxe City view Kings and 4 single beds were available for non-smoking. Was told Im on the 11th floor in a King.

Got off the elevator and walked passed all these rooms with 'SPG preferred" written on them to what seems to be an extenstion wing. said to myself at least its a non-smoking room. Get to 1116 and it says "The Residence" under the room #.

Turn sout to be a very large room with a 50" flat screen. could find the a/c controls so I called and was told its on the wall. i checked the walls again and then the phone rang with an apology seems the Suites have the controls next to the bed on the night stand. This morn I peeked into a double bed room that had the SPG on it and boy is it tiny. Now my room has that 50" TV in the middle to divide the room in 1/2 so could be its a JR suite I dont care as long as its non-smoking and at a min 2x the size of the rooms just off the elevator.The Exec lounge is on the 10th floor so all I need to do is to walk straight to the elexvator and take the staircase down 1 floor. Im in the South wing