FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Auto-check-in for return journey?
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 8:46 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Disabling Auto Check-In Possible?

Two of my three post 3/3 trips have had "auto check-in" run, and am trying to figure out how to disable it. I hate this "feature" (really don't understand the point in most cases) and understand it is set by default, but also have no idea how to turn it off. Can anyone, possibly PMCO'ers explain how to turn off this feature when:

- checking in on iPhone app
- checking in online (United.com)
- checking in at a kiosk

One trip, I used the iPhone app to check in, and the only place I saw this check box was after I hit check in, but before selecting BP delivery method. I thought I unchecked it, but was still checked in anyway for the return.

On my current trip, checked in at a kiosk on the outbound, and never even remember seeing this check box or option anywhere. So was surprised to see BPs emailed to me at T-24. Not only can I not print them anywhere anyway until the airport, my wife and I can't seem to get added to the upgrade standby list for our connection since that was the option we (purposely) selected for the outbound (no chance of upgrade then, pretty much). Now, we'd like that option since not only is this the last segment anyway, we may have a chance of clearing.