FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012
Old May 1, 2012, 8:35 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CreditMadeEZ
I'll bite. What is the alignment problem? My girlfriend is an Avis First and is on her last rental for this promo. Since we haven't seen any points post yet, I'm wondering if we need to fix something. Or call someone.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Firewind
IME, if my profile doesn't have the promo's numbers in it, my First/Preferred account will override the promo and populate my reservation with my previous AWD etc. information. So, if I don't confirm what I want in the reservation at pickup, I'll later wonder why my current promo bennies haven't come through. Then I'll look over in another airline or hotel account, and find 50 miles from the more recent rental, for example, because the promo numbers I'd put in before still rule because I'd never changed them after the prior rental, and that promo had ended. I've even had problems when I tried to confirm at return, and the agent said he didn't know how to fix it at that point. It can be a big hit when one has done all the right things, one thought, to get, say, 9,000 hotel points.
Aren't you guys getting receipts (physical and/or e-receipts) for your rentals?

All mine from this promo clearly said: Miles/points earned were either 6000 (2-day) or 9000 (3-day).

Now, getting them to post to the Club Carlson site in a timely manner, that is a separate question (as discussed upthread). But the receipt/e-receipt itself should be enough to verify that it was indeed Club Carlson bonus points you earned (or not, if it shows you earned something else like a dreaded "50" instead).